(Please read this Agreement and retain it for your records))
This Flushing Bank Online Banking Agreement ("Agreement") between Flushing Bank and you governs your use of Flushing Bank’s Online Banking Services for accessing your Accounts, banking and other financial services as described herein and contains the terms conditions for use of such Services. By consenting to the disclosure application, you agree, as our customer, to be bound by the terms hereof and such other terms and conditions as shall be imposed from time to time by Flushing Bank on notice to you, as provided herein. In addition, by using the Services, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Any reference to a time in this Agreement (e.g. 10:00 p.m.) shall be to Eastern Standard Time..
Meaning of Certain Words.
In this Agreement, the following terms have the meanings described herein:
Account: A bank account or Deposit Account, you have or may have at Flushing Bank that you have designated for access under the Services and which is an Eligible Account. Each of your Accounts at Flushing Bank is also governed by the applicable Account Disclosure Statement.
Account Disclosure Statement: Flushing Bank standard terms and conditions that apply to the applicable Account.
Agreement: This Agreement, all supplements hereto and all other agreements referred to herein or incorporated by reference herein.
Available Balance: Balance in an Account after crediting only those deposits that have been collected and made available to you by Flushing Bank.
Bank, We, Us: Flushing Bank.
Business Day: Any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a Federal Holiday.
Credit Account: One of the Accounts described as a "Credit Account" listed under Eligible Accounts.
Credit Line: Any checking overdraft line of credit you have or may have at Flushing Bank that you have designated as a credit line to be accessed under the Flushing Bank Online Banking Services.
Deposit Account: An account that you have designated for access to Flushing Bank Online Banking Services which is an Eligible Account.
Eligible Account: Any statement savings, checking, certificate of deposit account or loan account to which we allow access to the Flushing Bank Online Banking Services.
Flushing Bank Business Address: The address listed under Flushing Bank Contact Information or such other address that Flushing Bank shall designate from time to time.
Flushing Bank Online Banking: Utilization of the Services under this Agreement to conduct online banking transaction(s) through the Flushing Bank’s website by means of the use of a computer, Web Browser, User Name and Password.
Flushing Bank Online Banking Services: The Services described herein that are provided to approved Flushing Bank customers under this Agreement to enable such customers to conduct the online banking transactions described herein through the Flushing Bank Website.
Flushing Bank Online Banking Customer Service Solutions Center: The customer service representatives at Flushing Bank designated to provide Online Banking customer support
Flushing Bank Website: The website www.flushingbank.com established by Flushing Bank, on the Internet having the URL address indicated under Flushing Bank Contact Information or such other URL address that Flushing Bank shall designate from time to time.
Funds Availability Schedule: The schedule that sets forth the availability of funds deposited to your Account(s). It provides information to allow you to determine when funds you deposit or receive for credit to your Account(s) are available for transfer or withdrawal.
Password: The password that has been selected by you to use in accessing your Accounts through Flushing Bank Online Banking (and any change to that password that you have made). You must have the password to conduct Flushing Bank Online Banking transactions.
Services: The Flushing Bank Online Banking Services and other services available hereunder.
Statement Account: A Flushing Bank account for which transaction activity is reported to the account holder on a periodic statement.
Statement Balance: The balance in an Account after crediting all deposits (including deposits that have not yet been collected by Flushing Bank) and deducting all withdrawals.
URL: Uniform Resource Locator. The URL is address used to define the location of a resource on the Internet.
User Name: The User Name that has been selected by you to use in accessing your Accounts through Flushing Bank Online Banking.
Web Browser: The versions of the commercially available application programs that have been approved by Flushing Bank for use with Flushing Bank Online Banking to look at and interact with all the information on the Internet and the World Wide Web, including the information contained on the Flushing Bank website.
You and Your: Each person who is authorized to have access to your Account(s) through Flushing Bank Online Banking in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
Types of Available Transfers and Services.
You may use Flushing Bank Online Banking Services to do the following:
- Balance Inquiries - Inquire as to the balance, including the Available Balance, in your Account and obtain Account activity information for your Accounts. You can obtain balance and certain transaction history on all Accounts that are enrolled in Flushing Bank Online Banking.
- Transfer Funds - Transfer funds between your qualifying Flushing Bank Accounts on either a one-time or a recurring basis (subject to the legal restrictions described herein). Where a transfer is made from a Deposit Account, the Deposit Account must be a Statement Account.
- Electronic Bill Payment - Use funds in your Electronic Bill Payment Account to pay a bill or to make any other payment to a merchant, institution or individual with a U.S. address.
- E-Statements - You must be an Online Banking User in order to receive eStatements. You will receive a monthly statement for your account showing all account activity. The statement will be mailed to the designated address unless you select our convenient eStatement electronic statement option. Once you accept the electronic eStatement option, you will be able to view your statement online. You will receive an email notification when your statement is available for viewing through our Online Banking system. Access to these statements will be password protected via your Online Banking Sign On for your security and protection.
- New Services - Flushing Bank may, from time to time, introduce new Online Banking Services and notify you of the existence of these new Services as they become available. Such Services generally will be made available to you, at your election, upon your specific acknowledgment that the terms contained herein shall apply to those Services and further subject to your agreement to be bound by any new conditions required by Flushing Bank with respect to those Services.
Requirements. To access your Account(s) through Flushing Bank Online Banking, you must have an Eligible Account and an online Password. In addition, you must have the required software.
Certain Account Transfer Restrictions. Transfers of funds from Accounts are subject to the restrictions contained in the applicable Account Disclosure Statement. If a hold has been placed on deposits made to an Account from which you wish to transfer funds, you cannot transfer the portion of the funds held until the hold expires.
Electronic Bill Payment Services. The Services allow you to schedule Electronic Bill Payments through Flushing Bank Online Banking.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ELECTRONIC PAYMENT SERVICES
GENERAL TERMS FOR EACH SERVICE
- Introduction. This Terms of Service document (hereinafter "Agreement") is a contract between you and Flushing Bank (hereinafter "we" or "us") in connection with each service that is described in the rest of this Agreement that applies to services you use from us, as applicable (each, a "Service") offered through our online banking site or mobile applications (the "Site"). The Agreement consists of these General Terms for Each Service (referred to as "General Terms"), and each set of Terms that follows after the General Terms that applies to the specific Service you are using from us. This Agreement applies to your use of the Service and the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered.
- Service Providers. We are offering you the Service through one or more Service Providers that we have engaged to render some or all of the Service to you on our behalf. However, notwithstanding that we have engaged such a Service Provider to render some or all of the Service to you, we are the sole party liable to you for any payments or transfers conducted using the Service and we are solely responsible to you and any third party to the extent any liability attaches in connection with the Service. You agree that we have the right under this Agreement to delegate to Service Providers all of the rights and performance obligations that we have under this Agreement, and that the Service Providers will be third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and will be entitled to all the rights and protections that this Agreement provides to us. Service Provider and certain other capitalized terms are defined in a "Definitions" Section at the end of the General Terms of this Agreement. Other defined terms are also present at the end of each set of Terms that follows after the General Terms, as applicable.
- Amendments. We may amend this Agreement and any applicable fees and charges for the Service at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revision. Any use of the Service after a notice of change or after the posting of a revised version of this Agreement on the Site will constitute your agreement to such changes and revised versions. Further, we may, from time to time, revise, update, upgrade or enhance the Service and/or related applications or material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the Service, and/or related applications and material, and limit access to only the Service’s more recent revisions, updates, upgrades or enhancements.
- Our Relationship With You. We are an independent contractor for all purposes, except that we act as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds for the Service. We do not have control of, or liability for, any products or services that are paid for with our Service. We also do not guarantee the identity of any user of the Service (including but not limited to recipients to whom you send payments).
- Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time to any party. We may also assign or delegate certain of our rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
- Notices to Us Regarding the Service. Except as otherwise stated below, notice to us concerning the Site or the Service must be sent by postal mail to:
P.O. Box 9000
East Meadow, NY 11554
Att: Customer Service.
We may also be reached at 800.581.2889 for questions and other purposes concerning the Service. We will act on your telephone calls as described below in Section 22 of the General Terms (Errors, Questions, and Complaints), but otherwise, such telephone calls will not constitute legal notices under this Agreement.
- Notices to You. You agree that we may provide notice to you by posting it on the Site, sending you an in-product message within the Service, emailing it to an email address that you have provided us, mailing it to any postal address that you have provided us, or by sending it as a text message to any mobile phone number that you have provided us, including but not limited to the mobile phone number that you have listed in your Service setup or customer profile. For example, users of the Service may receive certain notices (such as notices of processed Payment Instructions, alerts for validation and notices of receipt of payments) as text messages on their mobile phones. All notices by any of these methods shall be deemed received by you no later than twenty-four (24) hours after they are sent or posted, except for notice by postal mail, which shall be deemed received by you no later than three (3) Business Days after it is mailed. You may request a paper copy of any legally required disclosures and you may terminate your consent to receive required disclosures through electronic communications by contacting us as described in Section 6 of the General Terms above. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee not to exceed twenty dollars ($20.00) to respond to each such request. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications.
- Receipts and Transaction History. You may view your transaction history by logging into the Service and looking at your transaction history. You agree to review your transactions by this method instead of receiving receipts by mail.
- Privacy of Others. If you receive information about another person through the Service, you agree to keep the information confidential and only use it in connection with the Service.
- Eligibility. The Service is offered only to individual residents of the United States who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Service is not offered to minors unless the minor is using an Eligible Transaction Account in the name of the minor with a parent or guardian as a co-signor or guarantor. By using the Service, you represent that you meet these requirements and that you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
- Prohibited Payments. The following types of payments are prohibited through the Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such payments:
- Payments to or from persons or entities located in prohibited territories (including any territory outside of the United States); and
- Payments that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; and
- Payments that violate the Acceptable Use terms in Section 14 of the General Terms below; and
- Payments related to: (1) tobacco products, (2) prescription drugs and devices; (3) narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety; (4) drug paraphernalia; (5) ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or related accessories; (6) weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (7) goods or services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; (8) goods or services that are sexually oriented; (9) goods or services that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (10) goods or services that defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (11) goods or services that include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (12) goods or services that advertise, sell to, or solicit others; or (13) goods or services that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; and
- Payments related to gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to, casino games, sports betting, horse or dog racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes; and
- Payments relating to transactions that (1) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or multi-level marketing programs, (2) are associated with purchases of real property, annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (3) are for the sale of items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (4) constitute money-laundering or terrorist financing, (5) are associated with the following "money service business" activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency dealers or exchanges, or check cashing, or (6) provide credit repair or debt settlement services; and
- Tax payments and court ordered payments.
In addition to the above-referenced prohibited payments, we may also block and/or reverse payments that involve donations or payments to an unauthorized charity or non-profit organization, unless we have performed appropriate due diligence on and investigation of such charity or non-profit organization and have determined its legitimacy, in our sole discretion. Except as required by applicable law, in no event shall we or our Service Providers be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of prohibited payments. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 6 of the General Terms above of any violations of the General Terms or the Agreement generally.
- Acceptable Use. You agree that you are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your activities related to your use of the Service, regardless of the purpose of the use, and for all communications you send through the Service. We and our Service Providers have the right but not the obligation to monitor and remove communications content that we find in our sole discretion to be objectionable in any way. In addition, you are prohibited from using the Service for communications or activities that: (a) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (b) promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (c) defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (d) include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (e) infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; (f) impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (g) facilitate any viruses, trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information; (h) constitute use of any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Service or the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered without our prior written permission; (i) constitute use of any device, software or routine to bypass technology protecting the Site or Service, or interfere or attempt to interfere, with the Site or the Service; or (j) may cause us or our Service Providers to lose any of the services from our internet service providers, payment processors, or other vendors. We encourage you to provide notice to us by the methods described in Section 6 of the General Terms above of any violations of the General Terms or the Agreement generally.
- Payment Methods and Amounts. There are limits on the amount of money you can send or receive through our Service. Your limits may be adjusted from time-to-time at our sole discretion. You may log in to the Site to view your individual transaction limits. We or our Service Provider also reserve the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf though the Service, and in the event that your Eligible Transaction Account is closed or otherwise unavailable to us the method to return funds to you. These payment methods may include, but may not be limited to, an electronic debit, a paper check drawn on the account of our Service Provider, or draftdrawn against your account.
- Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers. Immediately following your discovery of an unauthorized Payment Instruction, you shall communicate with customer care for the Service in the manner set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. You acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in such situations. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover your password or other means to access your account through which you access the Service has been lost or stolen, your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of such loss or theft, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use of your password or other means to access your account if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500.00. If your monthly financial institution statement contains payments that you did not authorize, you must tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may in our sole discretion extend the period.
- Taxes. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the transactions you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. We are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your transaction, or for collecting, reporting or remitting any taxes arising from any transaction.
- Failed or Returned Payment Instructions. In using the Service, you are requesting that we or our Service Provider attempt to make payments for you from your Eligible Transaction Account. If the Payment Instruction cannot be completed for any reason associated with your Eligible Transaction Account (for example, there are insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the Payment Instruction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the payment), the Payment Instruction may or may not be completed. In certain circumstances, our Service Provider may either advance funds drawn on their corporate account or via an electronic debit, and in such circumstances will attempt to debit the Eligible Transaction Account a second time to complete the Payment Instruction. In some instances, you will receive a return notice from us or our Service Provider. In each such case, you agree that:
- You will reimburse our Service Provider immediately upon demand the amount of the Payment Instruction if the payment has been delivered but there are insufficient funds in, or insufficient overdraft credits associated with, your Eligible Transaction Account to allow the debit processing to be completed;
- You may be assessed a late fee equal to one and a half percent (1.5%) of any unpaid amounts plus costs of collection by our Service Provider or their third-party contractor if the Payment Instruction cannot be debited because you have insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the transaction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the payment, or if the funds cannot otherwise be collected from you. The aforesaid amounts will be charged in addition to any NSF charges that may be assessed by us, as set forth in your fee schedule from us (including as disclosed on the Site) or your account agreement with us. You hereby authorize us and our Service Provider to deduct all of these amounts from your designated Eligible Transaction Account, including by ACH debit;
- Service Provider is authorized to report the facts concerning the return to any credit reporting agency.
- Address or Banking Changes. It is your sole responsibility and you agree to ensure that the contact information in your user profile is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to, name, physical address, phone numbers and email addresses. Depending on the Service, changes may be able to be made within the user interface of the Service or by contacting customer care for the Service as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. We are not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you do not provide accurate Eligible Transaction Account, Payment Instructions or contact information.
- Service Termination, Cancellation, or Suspension. If you wish to cancel the Service, you may contact us as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above. Any payment(s) that have begun processing before the requested cancellation date will be processed by us. You agree that we may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time and for any reason or no reason. Neither termination, cancellation nor suspension shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
- Errors, Questions, and Complaints.
- In case of errors or questions about your transactions, you should as soon as possible contact us as set forth in Section 6 of the General Terms above.
- If you think your periodic statement for your account is incorrect or you need more information about a transaction listed in the periodic statement for your account, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we send you the applicable periodic statement for your account that identifies the error. You must:
1. Tell us your name.
2. Describe the error or the transaction in question, and explain as clearly as possible why you believe it is an error or why you need more information; and,
3. Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
- If you tell us orally, we may require that you send your complaint in writing within ten (10) Business Days after your oral notification. Except as described below, we will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) Business Days after you notify us of the error. We will tell you the results of our investigation within three (3) Business Days after we complete our investigation of the error, and will correct any error promptly. However, if we require more time to confirm the nature of your complaint or question, we reserve the right to take up to forty-five (45) days to complete our investigation. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account within ten (10) Business Days for the amount you think is in error. If we ask you to submit your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, we may not provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account. If it is determined there was no error we will mail you a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after completion of our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents used in our investigation. We may revoke any provisional credit provided to you if we find an error did not occur.
- Intellectual Property. All other marks and logos related to the Service are either trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our licensors. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are our service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress or those of our licensors. You may not copy, imitate, or use any of the above without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion, and you may not use them in a manner that is disparaging to us or the Service or display them in any manner that implies our sponsorship or endorsement. All right, title and interest in and to the Service, the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered, the technology related to the Site and Service, and any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing, is our exclusive property or that of our licensors. Moreover, any suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information you may send to us through or regarding the Site or Service shall be considered an uncompensated contribution of intellectual property to us and our licensors, shall also be deemed our and our licensors’ exclusive intellectual property, and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part. By submitting any such materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials has expressly granted) to us and our licensors a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed, and you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived, and you warrant that you have the right to make these warranties and transfers of rights.
- Links and Frames. Links to other sites may be provided on the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered for your convenience. By providing these links, we are not endorsing, sponsoring or recommending such sites or the materials disseminated by or services provided by them, and are not responsible for the materials, services or other situations at or related to or from any other site, and make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of the Service web pages. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in sites listed in any search results or otherwise linked to the Site. For example, if you "click" on a banner advertisement or a search result, your "click" may take you off the Site. This may include links from advertisers, sponsors, and content partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. In addition, advertisers on the Site may send cookies to users that we do not control. You may link to the home page of our Site. However, you may not link to other pages of our Site without our express written permission. You also may not "frame" material on our Site without our express written permission. We reserve the right to disable links from any third party sites to the Site.
- Password and Security. If you are issued or create any password or other credentials to access the Service or the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered, you agree not to give or make available your password or credentials to any unauthorized individuals, and you agree to be responsible for all actions taken by anyone to whom you have provided such credentials. If you believe that your credentials have been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to use them to access the Site or Service without your consent, you must inform us at once at the telephone number provided in Section 6 of the General Terms above. See also Section 16 of the General Terms above regarding how the timeliness of your notice impacts your liability for unauthorized transfers.
- Remedies. If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any of the prohibited or unauthorized activities described in this Agreement or have otherwise breached your obligations under this Agreement, we may terminate, suspend or limit your access to or use of the Site or the Service; notify law enforcement, regulatory authorities, impacted third parties, and others as we deem appropriate; refuse to provide our services to you in the future; and/or take legal action against you. In addition, we, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to terminate this Agreement, access to the Site and/or use of the Service for any reason or no reason and at any time. The remedies contained in this Section 26 of the General Terms are cumulative and are in addition to the other rights and remedies available to us under this Agreement, by law or otherwise.
- Disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding the Service, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by looking to this Agreement.
- Arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000.00 USD, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration, that party will initiate such arbitration through Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services ("JAMS"), the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), or an established alternative dispute resolution (ADR) administrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. The parties agree that that the following rules shall apply: (a) the arbitration may be conducted telephonically, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, at the election of the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties, their representatives or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; (c) discovery shall not be permitted; (d) the matter shall be submitted for decision within ninety (90) days of initiation of arbitration, unless otherwise agreed by the parties, and the arbitrator must render a decision within thirty (30) days of submission; and (e) any award in such arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties and may be submitted to any court of competent jurisdiction for confirmation. The parties acknowledge that remedies available under federal, state and local laws remain available through arbitration. NO CLASS ACTION, OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF ANY CLAIM WITH A CLAIM OF ANOTHER PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWABLE IN ARBITRATION.
- Law and Forum for Disputes. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us (other than those which are arbitrated under Section 28 of the General Terms above) must be resolved by a court located in the county in which you reside. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all claims or disputes unless said claim is submitted to arbitration under Section 28 of the General Terms of this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. Both parties agree to waive any right to have a jury participate in the resolution of any dispute or claim between the parties or any of their respective Affiliates arising under this Agreement.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and their Affiliates and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any loss, damage, claim or demand (including attorney’s fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Site or the applicable Service.
- Release. You release us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute that may arise between you or one or more other users of the Site or the applicable Service. In addition, if applicable to you, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which states that a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if not known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
- No Waiver. We shall not be deemed to have waived any rights or remedies here under unless such waiver is in writing and signed by one of our authorized representatives. No delay or omission on our part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
- Exclusions of Warranties. THE SITE AND SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF OUR SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
- Limitation of Liability. THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF US AND OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, FOR THE SERVICE AND THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE SERVICE MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED PERIODICALLY FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE CAUSED BY OR ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE SERVICE IS OFFERED THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING AS DESCRIBED IN SECTIONS 28 AND 29 OF THE GENERAL TERMS ABOVE WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Complete Agreement, Severability, Captions, and Survival. You agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between us, sets forth the entire understanding between us and you with respect to the Service and the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered and supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between us. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The captions of Sections in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions of this Agreement. Sections 2, 5-7, 11, 17, 18, 23, and 26-35 of the General Terms, as well as any other terms which by their nature should survive, will survive the termination of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and something stated by an employee or contractor of ours (including but not limited to its customer care personnel), the terms of the Agreement will prevail.
- "ACH Network" means the funds transfer system, governed by the NACHA Rules, that provides funds transfer services to participating financial institutions.
- "Affiliates" are companies related by common ownership or control.
- "Business Day" is every Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Reserve holidays or other days that banks are legally closed.
- "Eligible Transaction Account" is a transaction account from which your payments will be debited, your Service fees, if any, will be automatically debited, or to which payments and credits to you will be credited, that is eligible for the Service. Depending on the Service, an Eligible Transaction Account may include a checking, money market or other direct deposit account, credit card account, or debit card account, including any required routing information.
- "Payment Instruction" is the information provided for a payment to be made under the applicable Service, which may be further defined and described below in connection with a specific Service.
- "Payment Network" means a debit or credit network (such as the ACH Network or ACCEL / Exchange payment network) through which funds may be transferred.
- "Service Provider" means companies that we have engaged (and their Affiliates) to render some or all of the Service to you on our behalf.
ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFERS ADDITIONAL TERMS
1. Description of Service, Authorization and Processing.
- The term “Transfer Money Terms” means these Account to Account Transfers Additional Terms. The Account to Account transfer service (for purposes of these Transfer Money Terms, and the General Terms as they apply to these Transfer Money Terms, the "Service") which is only available to consumer accounts; enables you to transfer funds between your Account(s) that you maintain with us on the one hand, and your Account(s) that are maintained by other financial institutions, on the other hand. You represent and warrant that you are either the sole owner or a joint owner of the Eligible Transaction Account and the External Account and that you have all necessary legal right, power and authority to transfer funds between the Eligible Transaction Account and the External Account. If you are a joint owner of the Eligible Transaction Account, External Account, or both, then you represent and warrant that (i) you have been authorized by all of the other joint owners to operate such Accounts without their consent (including without limitation to withdraw or deposit any amount of funds to such Accounts or to even withdraw all funds from such Accounts); and (ii) we may act on your instructions regarding such Accounts without liability to such other joint owners. Further, you represent and warrant that the External Account is located in the United States.
- When we receive a Transfer Instruction from you, you authorize us to (i) debit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf to the External Account designated by you and to debit your applicable Account as described below in Section 5 of the Transfer Money Terms (Service Fees and Additional Charges); or, as applicable, to (ii) credit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf from the External Account designated by you and to debit your applicable Account as described below in Section 5 of the Transfer Money Terms (Service Fees and Additional Charges). You also authorize us to reverse a transfer from the applicable Account if the debit is returned from the other Account in the transaction for any reason, including but not limited to nonsufficient funds.
- We will use reasonable efforts to make all your transfers properly. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to complete any transfers initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
1. If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account or External Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transfer or the transfer would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
2. The Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
3. The transfer is refused as described in Section 6 of the Transfer Money Terms below;
4. You have not provided us with the correct information, including but not limited to the correct Eligible Transaction Account or External Account information; and/or,
5. Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution(s), or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transfer and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of any information that you enter into the Service, and for informing us as soon as possible if you become aware that this information is inaccurate. You may not use a P.O. Box as a postal address. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a transfer made to the wrong Account once informed, but we do not guarantee such recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by you.
2. Transfer Methods and Amounts. Section 15 of the General Terms (Payment Methods and Amounts) applies to the Service, even in circumstances where the External Account is closed and we are attempting to return funds to such Account.
3. Transfer Cancellation Requests and Refused Transfers. You may cancel a transfer at any time until it begins processing (as shown in the Service). We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, or denied transfer to your Account that we debited for the funds transfer. If this is unsuccessful (for example, the Eligible Transaction Account has been closed) we will make reasonable attempts to otherwise return the funds to you.
4. Stop Payment Requests. If you desire to stop any transfer that has already been processed, you must contact customer care for the Service pursuant to Section 22 of the General Terms. Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
5. Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Service or Site. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Service will be charged against the Account that is debited for the funds transfer. There may also be charges for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from the applicable Eligible Transaction Account you hold with us or the Account that is debited for the funds transfer, depending on how such charges are described in the user interface for the Service. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 18 of the General Terms (Failed Or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Service, including without limitation if we debit the External Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the External Account; Section 18 of the General Terms should be interpreted as applying to the External Account, not just the Eligible Transaction Account, in such circumstances.
6. Refused Transfers. We reserve the right to refuse any transfer. As required by applicable law, we will notify you promptly if we decide to refuse to transfer funds.
7. Returned Transfers. In using the Service, you understand transfers may be returned for various reasons such as, but not limited to, the External Account number is not valid. We will use reasonable efforts to research and correct the transfer to the intended Account or void the transfer and credit your Account from which you attempted to transfer funds. You may receive notification from us.
"Account" means a checking, money market or savings account that is either an Eligible Transaction Account or External Account, as applicable.
"Eligible Transaction Account" is as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms, except that it shall be limited to a checking, money market or savings account that you hold with us.
"External Account" is your account at another financial institution (i) to which you are transferring funds from your Eligible Transaction Account; or (ii) from which you are transferring funds to your Eligible Transaction Account.
"Transfer Instruction" is a specific Payment Instruction (as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms) that you provide to the Service for a transfer of funds.
BILL PAYMENT SERVICE ADDITIONAL TERMS
1. Description of Service. The term “Bill Payment Terms” means these Bill Payment Service Additional Terms. The bill payment service (for purposes of these Bill Payment Terms, and the General Terms as they apply to these Bill Payment Terms, the "Service") enables you to receive, view, and pay bills from the Site.
2. Payment Scheduling. The earliest possible Scheduled Payment Date for each Biller will be designated within the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered when you are scheduling the payment. Therefore, the Service will not permit you to select a Scheduled Payment Date less than the earliest possible Scheduled Payment Date designated for each Biller. When scheduling payments you must select a Scheduled Payment Date that is no later than the actual Due Date reflected on your Biller statement unless the Due Date falls on a non-Business Day. If the actual Due Date falls on a non-Business Day, you must select a Scheduled Payment Date that is at least one (1) Business Day before the actual Due Date. Scheduled Payment Dates must be prior to any late date or grace period. Depending on the method of payment, your Eligible Transaction Account may be debited prior to the Scheduled Payment Date. For example, if the selected method of payment is a draft, the draft arrives earlier than the Scheduled Payment Date due to expedited delivery by the postal service, and the Biller immediately deposits the draft, your Eligible Transaction Account may be debited earlier than the Scheduled Payment Date.
3. The Service Guarantee. Due to circumstances beyond the control of the Service, particularly delays in handling and posting payments by Billers or financial institutions, some transactions may take longer to be credited to your account. The Service will bear responsibility for any late payment related charges up to $50.00 should a payment post after its Due Date as long as the payment was scheduled in accordance with the Section 2 of the Bill Payment Terms (Payment Scheduling).
4. Payment Authorization and Payment Remittance. By providing the Service with names and account information of Billers to whom you wish to direct payments, you authorize the Service to follow the Payment Instructions that it receives through the Site. In order to process payments more efficiently and effectively, the Service may edit or alter payment data or data formats in accordance with Biller directives.
When the Service receives a Payment Instruction, you authorize the Service to debit your Eligible Transaction Account and remit funds on your behalf so that the funds arrive as close as reasonably possible to the Scheduled Payment Date designated by you. You also authorize the Service to credit your Eligible Transaction Account for payments returned to the Service by the United States Postal Service or Biller, or payments remitted to you on behalf of another authorized user of the Service.
The Service will attempt to make all your payments properly. However, the Service shall incur no liability and any Service Guarantee (as described in Section 3 of the Bill Payment Terms) shall be void if the Service is unable to complete any payments initiated by you because of the existence of any one or more of the following circumstances:
- If, through no fault of the Service, your Eligible Transaction Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transaction or the transaction would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
- The payment processing center is not working properly and you know or have been advised by the Service about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
- You have not provided the Service with the correct Eligible Transaction Account information, or the correct name, address, phone number, or account information for the Biller; and/or,
- Circumstances beyond control of the Service (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transaction and the Service has taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
Provided none of the foregoing exceptions are applicable, if the Service causes an incorrect amount of funds to be removed from your Eligible Transaction Account or causes funds from your Eligible Transaction Account to be directed to a Biller which does not comply with your Payment Instructions, the Service shall be responsible for returning the improperly transferred funds to your Eligible Transaction Account, and for directing to the proper Biller any previously misdirected transactions, and, if applicable, for any late payment related charges.
5. Payment Cancellation Requests. You may cancel or edit any Scheduled Payment (including recurring payments) by following the directions within the portion of the Site through which the Service is offered. There is no charge for canceling or editing a Scheduled Payment. Once the Service has begun processing a payment it cannot be cancelled or edited, therefore a stop payment request must be submitted.
6. Stop Payment Requests. The Service's ability to process a stop payment request will depend on the payment method and whether or not a check has cleared. The Service may also not have a reasonable opportunity to act on any stop payment request after a payment has been processed. If you desire to stop any payment that has already been processed, you must contact customer care for the Service in the manner set forth in Section 22 of the General Terms above. Although the Service will attempt to accommodate your request, the Service will have no liability for failing to do so. The Service may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each stop payment request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
7. Exception Payments Requests. Exception Payments may be scheduled through the Service, however Exception Payments are discouraged and must be scheduled at your own risk. Except as required by applicable law, in no event shall the Service be liable for any claims or damages resulting from your scheduling of Exception Payments. . The Service Guarantee (as described in Section 3 of the Bill Payment Terms) does not apply to Exception Payments.
8. Bill Delivery and Presentment. The Service includes a feature that electronically presents you with electronic bills from select Billers. Electronic bills may not be available from all of your Billers. Electronic bills are provided as a convenience only, and you remain solely responsible for contacting your Billers directly if you do not receive their statements. In addition, if you elect to activate one of the Service's electronic bill options, you also agree to the following:
- Presentation of electronic bills. – You will receive electronic bills from a Biller only if both: (a) you have designated it in the Service as one of your Billers, and (b) the Biller has arranged with our Service Provider to deliver electronic bills. The Service may then present you with electronic bills from that Biller if either: (1) you affirmatively elect online within the Service to receive electronic bills from the Biller, or (2) the Biller chooses to send you electronic bills on a temporary “trial basis.” In either case, you can elect online within the Service to stop receiving electronic bills from a Biller. Electing to receive electronic bills, automatically receiving trial electronic bills, and declining further elected or trial electronic bills all occur on an individual Biller basis. The Service does not include an option to prevent ever participating in the automatic trial electronic bill feature. When affirmatively electing to receive electronic bills from a particular Biller, you may be presented with terms from that Biller for your acceptance. We are not a party to such terms.
- Paper Copies of electronic bills. – If you start receiving electronic bills from a Biller, the Biller may stop sending you paper or other statements. The ability to receive a paper copy of your statement(s) is at the sole discretion of the Biller. Check with the individual Biller regarding your ability to obtain paper copies of electronic bills on a regular or as-requested basis.
- Sharing Information with Billers. – You authorize us to share identifying personal information about you (such as name, address, telephone number, Biller account number) with companies that you have identified as your Billers and which we have identified as offering electronic bills for purposes of matching your identity on the Service’s records and the Biller’s records to (a) activate your affirmative request for electronic bills, and/or (b) confirm your eligibility for “trial basis” electronic bills.
- Information held by the Biller. We are unable to update or change your personal information such as, but not limited to, name, address, phone numbers and email addresses, that is held by the Biller. Any changes will require you to contact the Biller directly. Additionally it is your responsibility to maintain all usernames and passwords for all electronic Biller sites. You also agree not to use someone else's information to gain unauthorized access to another person's bill. We may, at the request of the Biller, provide to the Biller your email address, service address, or other data specifically requested by the Biller for purposes of the Biller matching your identity against its records or informing you about the Biller’s services and/or bill information.
- Activation. We will notify the Biller of your request to receive electronic billing information. The presentment of your first electronic bill may vary from Biller to Biller and may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. While your electronic bill feature is being activated it is your responsibility to keep your accounts current. Each electronic Biller reserves the right to accept or deny your request to receive electronic bills.
- Authorization to obtain bill data. You authorize us to obtain bill data from your Billers that you have requested to send you electronic bills, and from your Billers that wish to send you trial electronic bills. For some Billers, you will be asked to provide us with your user name and password for that Biller. By providing us with such information, you authorize us to use the information to obtain your bill data.
- Notification. We will attempt to present all of your electronic bills promptly. In addition to notification within the Service, we may send an e-mail notification to the e-mail address listed for your account. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that this information is accurate. In the event you do not receive notification, it is your responsibility to periodically logon to the Service and check on the delivery of new electronic bills. The time for notification may vary from Biller to Biller. You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills.
- Cancellation of electronic bill notification. The electronic Biller reserves the right to cancel the presentment of electronic bills at any time. You may cancel electronic bill presentment at any time. The timeframe for cancellation of your electronic bill presentment may vary from Biller to Biller. It may take up to sixty (60) days, depending on the billing cycle of each Biller. We will notify your electronic Biller(s) as to the change in status of your account and it is your sole responsibility to make arrangements for an alternative form of bill delivery. We will not be responsible for presenting any electronic bills that are already in process at the time of cancellation.
- Non-Delivery of electronic bill(s). You agree to hold us harmless should the Biller fail to deliver your statement(s). You are responsible for ensuring timely payment of all bills. Copies of previously delivered bills must be requested from the Biller directly.
- Accuracy and dispute of electronic bill. We are not responsible for the accuracy of your electronic bill(s). We are only responsible for presenting the information we receive from the Biller. Any discrepancies or disputes regarding the accuracy of your electronic bill summary or detail must be directly addressed and resolved with the Biller by you.
This Agreement does not alter your liability or obligations that currently exist between you and your Billers.
- Where it is necessary for completing transactions;
- Where it is necessary for activating additional services;
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account to a third party, such as a credit bureau or Biller;
- To a consumer reporting agency for research purposes only;
- In order to comply with a governmental agency or court orders; or,
- If you give us your written permission.
10. Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Service or Site. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Service will be charged against the Billing Account. There may also be charges for additional transactions and other optional services. There may be a charge for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize the Service to deduct the calculated amount from your designated Billing Account. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 18 of the General Terms (Failed Or Returned Payment Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Service, including without limitation if we debit the Billing Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the Billing Account.
11. Biller Limitation. The Service reserves the right to refuse to pay any Biller to whom you may direct a payment. As required by applicable law, the Service will notify you promptly if it decides to refuse to pay a Biller designated by you. as set forth in Section 13 of the General Terms (Prohibited Payments) or an Exception Payment under this Agreement.
12. Returned Payments. In using the Service, you understand that Billers and/or the United States Postal Service may return payments to the Service for various reasons such as, but not limited to, Biller's forwarding address expired; Biller account number is not valid; Biller is unable to locate account; or Biller account is paid in full. The Service will attempt to research and correct the returned payment and return it to your Biller, or void the payment and credit your Eligible Transaction Account. You may receive notification from the Service.
13. Information Authorization. In addition to Section 20 of the General Terms (Information Authorization), you agree that the Service reserves the right to obtain financial information regarding your account from a Biller or your financial institution (for example, to resolve payment posting problems or for verification).
"Biller" is the person or entity to which you wish a bill payment to be directed or is the person or entity from which you receive electronic bills, as the case may be.
"Billing Account" is the checking account from which all Service fees will be automatically debited.
"Due Date" is the date reflected on your Biller statement for which the payment is due, not the late payment date or the date beginning or a date during any grace period.
"Eligible Transaction Account" is as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms, except that it shall be limited to an account that you hold with us, and from which bill payments will be debited.
"Exception Payments" means payments to deposit accounts or brokerage accounts, payments to settle securities transactions (including, without limitation, stocks, bonds, securities, futures (forex), options, or an investment interest in any entity or property).
"Payment Instruction" is as defined in Section 36 of the General Terms, and is further defined as the information provided by you to the Service for a bill payment to be made to the Biller (such as, but not limited to, Biller name, Biller account number, and Scheduled Payment Date).
"Scheduled Payment" is a payment that has been scheduled through the Service but has not begun processing.
"Scheduled Payment Date" is the day you want your Biller to receive your bill payment, unless the Scheduled Payment Date falls on a non-Business Day in which case it will be considered to be the previous Business Day.
Hours of Accessibility. You can access your Account(s) through Flushing Bank Online Banking seven days a week, 24 hours a day. However, at certain times, some or all of Flushing Bank Online Banking may not be available due to system maintenance. During these times, you may use the Bank's telephone banking facility or an ATM or a Branch to conduct your transactions.
Your Password acts as your signature. You can change your Password at any time. For your protection, you should memorize your Password and not keep any notation of your Password on or with your computer. Your Electronic Bill Payment Account is for your personal use only.
The Password assures that only you can access your Account.
YOU AGREE NOT TO ALLOW ANOTHER PERSON TO USE YOUR PASSWORD AND NOT TO GIVE YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER(S) OR PASSWORD TO ANYONE. If you do, you will be responsible for any money withdrawn or transferred from your Account(s) when such person uses your Password.
You agree that if your Password is lost, misplaced or stolen, or if you believe that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your Account(s) without your permission, you must notify Flushing Bank at once by calling Flushing Bank at 800.581.2889 immediately and within ten (10) days sending written notification to Flushing Bank at the Flushing Bank Business Address.
For your protection, we are asking that you change your online Password regularly.
Your role is extremely important in the prevention of any wrongful use of your Account(s). You must promptly examine your statement upon receipt. If you find that your records and ours disagree, you must immediately call the Flushing Bank Customer Service Solutions Center at 800.581.2889.
In addition to protecting your Password and Account information, you should take precautions with your personal identification information, such as your driver's license, Social Security Number, etc. This information by itself or together with information on your Account(s) may allow unauthorized access to your Account(s). It is your responsibility to protect personal information with the same level of care that you protect your Password and Account information.
In case of errors or questions about your electronic transfers call us at 800.581.2889, write us at
P.O. Box 9000
East Meadow, NY 11554
Att: Customer Service
or e-mail us at email@example.com as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
- Tell us your name and Account number (if any).
- Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
- Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 Business Days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 Business Days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your Account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 Business Days, we may not credit your Account. For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error. We will tell you the results within three Business Days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
Liability for Unauthorized Transactions and Advisability of Prompt Reporting. Please tell us AT ONCE if you believe your Online Banking Account number or your Password has been lost or stolen. Notifying us by telephone as soon as possible is the best way of limiting your losses. You could lose all of the funds in your Account(s) plus your maximum overdraft line of credit.
- If you believe that someone has made or may make an Online Banking transaction to or from your Account(s) without your permission, call 800.581.2889 or write to Flushing Bank’s Customer Service Solutions Center at the Flushing Bank Business Address. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses to a minimum.
- If your online Password has been compromised and you tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft, you can lose no more than $50 if someone used your online Password without your permission to access a Bank Deposit Account. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) business days after you learn of the loss or theft, and we could have stopped someone from taking money without your permission had you told us, you could lose as much as $500.
- Also, if your statement shows withdrawals, transfers or purchases that you did not make or authorize, please notify us at once. If you do not notify us within sixty (60) days after the paper or online statement was sent to you, and we could have stopped someone from taking money if you had told us in time, you may not get back any money you lost after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or hospital stay) kept you from telling us, we will extend the time periods.
EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN OR WHERE THE LAW REQUIRES A DIFFERENT STANDARD, THE BANK SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR INJURY OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF, THE EQUIPMENT, BROWSER AND/OR THE INSTALLATION THEREOF, THE ONLINE BANKING SERVICES PROVIDED HEREUNDER, FAILURE OF ELECTRONIC OR MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT OR COMMUNICATION LINES, TELEPHONE OR OTHER INTERCONNECT PROBLEMS, BUGS, ERRORS, CONFIGURATION PROBLEMS OR INCOMPATIBILITY OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE, FAILURE OR UNAVAILABILITY OF INTERNET ACCESS, PROBLEMS WITH INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS, PROBLEMS OR DELAYS WITH INTERMEDIATE COMPUTER OR COMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS OR FACILITIES, PROBLEMS WITH DATA TRANSMISSION FACILITIES, YOUR TELEPHONE SERVICE OR ANY OTHER PROBLEMS YOU EXPERIENCE DUE TO CAUSES BEYOND THE BANK'S CONTROL. THE ONLINE BANKING SERVICES, AND ANY SOFTWARE, BROWSER AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." THE BANK DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE EQUIPMENT, THE SOFTWARE, THE BROWSER OR ANY PART THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE BANK IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, SOFTWARE, MODEM, TELEPHONE OR OTHER PROPERTY RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF ONLINE BANKING SERVICES. NO LICENSE TO YOU IS IMPLIED IN THESE DISCLAIMERS.
Flushing Bank's Liability for Failure to Make Online Banking Transactions
If we do not complete an Online Banking transaction on time or in the correct amount according to this Agreement, we will be liable for your actual and proven losses or damages caused by such failure but not for any special or consequential damages, unless required by applicable law. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
- if you do not have enough available funds in your Account or available credit in your Credit Line to make the Electronic Bill Payments or transfer;
- if the Electronic Bill Payments Scheduled Payment Date is not at least seven (7) to ten (10) Business Days prior to the earlier of the date you want or expect the Payee to receive the payment or the due date of such payment;
- if the Payee has a mailing address outside the U.S or if the Electronic Bill Payment is to pay any taxes or to make any court-ordered or court-directed payments;
- if your computer malfunctions;
- if the Web Browser or the processing center of Flushing Bank or its agent that is used for Online Banking is not working properly and you knew or were advised by Flushing Bank or its agent about this when you made the Online Banking transactions;
- if circumstances beyond our control (such as fire, flood, computer failure, interference from an outside force, or improper transmission or handling of payments by a third party) prevent the Online Banking transaction from being properly made or completed despite reasonable precautions taken by us;
- if your Password or Online Banking Account number has been reported lost or stolen or we have reason to believe that the Online Banking transaction is unauthorized;
- if your Online Banking Account or Online Banking privileges have been suspended;
- if any exceptions stated in the Account and Credit Line agreements between you and Flushing Bank apply;
- if the transaction would create an overdraft in your Account;
- if there is a dispute about the Account, or Flushing Bank has been ordered to pay to, or hold for, someone else the money in your Account;
- if the funds in your Account are subject to legal process or other encumbrances restricting such transfers;
- if a legal order directs us to prohibit withdrawals from the Account;
- if your Account is closed or if it has been frozen;
- if the transfer or Electronic Bill Payment would exceed your available balance or your Credit Limit;
- if you, or anyone you allow, commits any fraud or violates any law or regulation;
- if any electronic terminal, telecommunication device or any part of the electronic fund transfer system is not working properly;
- if you have not provided us with complete and correct payment information, including without limitation the name, address, account number, and payment amount for the Payee on an Electronic Bill Payment; or
- if you have not properly followed the instructions for using Flushing Bank Online Banking.
Limitations on Frequency of Transfers and Dollar Amounts
You may use Flushing Bank’s Online Banking Services as often as you want. Any Online Banking transfer made from an Eligible Account must not exceed your Available Balance in the Account on the day the transfer is made. There are limits imposed by law on the number of transactions you can make from certain accounts. By law, you can make no more than six (6) preauthorized withdrawals or automatic transfers (including telephone, savings overdraft protection, or data transmission) from your regular savings or money market savings account during each statement period. Transfers made via Flushing Bank Online Banking will be subject to these restrictions.
If you require any additional information regarding Flushing Bank's Services or if you have other questions about your electronic transfers telephone Flushing Bank at 800.581.2889 (Monday – Sunday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. ET except non-Business Days).
Your Right to Receive Documentation of Transfers
You will continue to receive a statement in the mail for each Statement Account. E-statement customers will receive an email notification the e-statement is available for viewing. This statement will reflect all your transactions, including your Online Banking transactions, relating to such Accounts. If you have requested Electronic Bill Payment, then the monthly statement for your Electronic Bill Payment Account will also reflect your Electronic Bill Payments as an electronic transfer.
Online Banking Fees and Charges
The Bank has minimum balance requirements and other charges that apply to the Accounts, whether or not they are used for Flushing Bank Online Banking Services. We reserve the right to change the charges, fees or other terms described in this Agreement. When changes are made to any fees, charges or other material terms, we will update this Agreement and either send a notice to you at the address shown on our records or send you an electronic mail message (i.e., an e-mail message).
- The notice will be e-mailed or mailed at least thirty (30) days in advance of the effective date of any additional fees for online transactions or of any stricter limits on the type, amount or frequency of transactions or any increase in your responsibility for unauthorized transactions, unless an immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of the system. If such a change is made, and it can be disclosed without jeopardizing the security of the system, we will provide you with electronic or written notice within thirty (30) days after the change. As always, you may choose to accept or decline changes by continuing or discontinuing the Accounts or Services to which these changes relate. We also reserve the option, in our business judgment, to waive, reduce or reverse charges or fees in individual situations. Changes to fees applicable to specific Accounts are governed by the applicable Account Disclosure Statement.
- There are currently no monthly or transaction fees for accessing your Account(s) through Flushing Bank Online Banking. However, Flushing Bank reserves the right to impose a fee for Online Banking Services and Electronic Bill Payment. You will be notified of any fee charges by e-mail or mail. Other fees, as described in the applicable Account Disclosure Statement, may apply to Services ordered online and to transfers from a Credit Account.
- Please note that fees may be assessed and billed separately by your online service provider.
- If Flushing Bank initiates any legal action to collect money owed to Flushing Bank under this Agreement, including any counterclaim, you agree to pay all costs incurred by Flushing Bank for such action, including any reasonable attorneys' fees.
- You agree to pay promptly all applicable fees and charges for services provided under this Agreement and in connection with your Accounts and authorize us to charge any of your Flushing Bank Accounts that you have designated as the Electronic Bill Payment Account or any other Account for the fees.
Recording of Phone Calls and E-mails
By entering into this Agreement, you authorize Flushing Bank and its agents to monitor, record, copy, and retain any phone call made to or e-mail sent to Flushing Bank or its agent concerning Flushing Bank Online Banking Services.
Online Banking transactions will also be subject to Flushing Bank's various Account agreements, Account Disclosure Statements and other rules and regulations.
Flushing Bank may, from time to time at any time, change this Agreement by sending you an e-mail notice, mailing a notice, of such change or otherwise posting such notice or revised Agreement through the Flushing Bank Website. However, if the change results in (i) increased or new fees or charges, (ii) increased liability for you, (iii) fewer types of available Services or (iv) stricter limitations on the frequency or dollar amounts of transfers, then at least thirty (30) days before the effective date of the change, Flushing Bank will either electronically send to you an e-mail notice or mail to you a written notice. By entering into this Agreement you consent to receiving all applicable notices via electronic means or by posting as described herein.
Flushing Bank may cancel your access to the Services without prior notice if there has been no Online Banking activity for a period of three (3) consecutive months or for any other reason. Flushing Bank also may, at any time, cancel all or part of the Services it offers to customers generally.
Flushing Bank may assign this Agreement to its parent corporation or to any now-existing or future direct or indirect subsidiary of its parent corporation. Flushing Bank also may assign or delegate certain of its rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
This Agreement, and any changes to it by Flushing Bank, constitutes the entire understanding between Flushing Bank and you with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
Flushing Bank and you are still bound by the terms, conditions and fees imposed by any other agreements that you have entered into with Flushing Bank, unless such terms, conditions and fees have been explicitly changed by this Agreement.
Flushing Bank shall not be deemed to have lost any of its rights because they have not been exercised.
Invalidity of any Provision
If any provision stated in this Agreement or in any applicable Account agreement is held to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in effect.
The following rules will apply to the extent there is no applicable federal law or regulation. If the Account or Service you are accessing via the Flushing Bank Website is maintained through Flushing Bank, this Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
Disputes between you and Flushing Bank under this Agreement and that relate to any of your Accounts are subject to arbitration.
Notice by E-Mail
Customer acknowledges that e-mail notice will constitute sufficient notice under this Agreement for all purposes.
MOBILE BANKING AGREEMENT
FAST, SECURE, and FREE* - Flushing Bank Mobile Banking allows you to manage your finances on the go with a variety of mobile devices, including Apple®, AndroidTM, and browser compatible cell phones.
*There is no charge to use Flushing Bank Mobile Banking, but the Bank’s standard account fees will apply and data and messaging rates may apply from your wireless provider.
MOBILE BANKING FEATURES
- Check account balances
- Pay bills
- View account history
- Mobile check deposit
- Transfer funds between your linked Flushing Bank accounts
- External transfers from your Flushing Bank accounts to eligible, linked deposit and investment accounts at other financial institutions. This feature is available to consumer accounts only. Refer to “Account to Account Transfers Additional Terms” section for additional information.
- Receive alerts notifying you of your current balance, deposits, withdrawals, and more
- Contact us via Secure Messaging for support
- Branch/ATM locator
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By using Mobile Banking (also referred to herein as the “Service”), you agree to all the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and Disclosure (the “Agreement”). This Agreement contains the terms that govern your use of the Flushing Bank Mobile Banking application services. You may use this Service to access your Flushing Bank deposit accounts using a mobile device. By using Mobile Banking to access an account you are agreeing to the terms of this Agreement which supplements the terms and agreements of your Account(s) and Online Banking Terms and Conditions to which you have previously agreed.
Mobile Banking is inclusive of the terms and conditions of the Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure including but not limited to transaction limits, transaction processing and system availability.
Mobile Banking is offered as a convenience and supplemental service to our Online Banking services. It is not intended to replace access to Online Banking from your personal computer or other methods you use for managing your accounts and services with us. Mobile Banking allows you to view your Flushing Bank account balances and account history, pay bills, transfer funds between your Flushing Bank accounts, receive alerts, and contact us via secured messaging for support.
MOBILE BANKING REQUIREMENTS & LIMITATIONS
- You will not be able to access all functions/services that are accessible via Online Banking. Examples include, but are not limited to, electronic statement and check reordering.,
- Mobile users are responsible for any service charges from mobile carriers as a result of using this Service.
- Mobile Banking may not be accessible or may have limited service over some network carriers.
- Mobile Banking may also not be supported by all mobile devices. Flushing Bank cannot guarantee and is not responsible for the availability of data services provided by your mobile carrier, such as data outages or “out of network” issues.
USE OF MOBILE BANKING SERVICE
We may modify the Service from time to time at our sole discretion. In the event of any modifications, you are responsible for making sure you understand how to use Mobile Banking as modified. You also accept responsibility for making sure that you know how to properly use your mobile device and we will not be liable to you for any losses caused by your failure to properly use the Service or your mobile device.
OTHER MOBILE BANKING AGREEMENTS
You agree that, when you use Mobile Banking, you remain subject to the terms and conditions set forth in your existing agreements with any unaffiliated service providers, including, but not limited to, your mobile service provider and that this Agreement does not amend or supersede any of those agreements. You understand that those agreements may provide for fees, limitations and restrictions which might impact your use of Mobile Banking (such as data usage or text messaging charges imposed on you by your mobile service provider). You also agree to be solely responsible for all such fees, limitations and restrictions. You agree that only your mobile service provider is responsible for its products and services and you also agree to resolve any issues or problems with your provider directly with the provider without involving us. You agree to review your account disclosures carefully, as they may include transaction limitations and fees which may apply to your use of Mobile Banking.
EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE
Flushing Bank does not guarantee that your mobile device or mobile phone service provider will be compatible with Mobile Banking.
Mobile phones and other mobile devices with internet capabilities are susceptible to viruses. You are responsible to ensure that your mobile device is protected from and free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other similar harmful components (collectively referred to as “viruses”) which could result in damage to programs, files, and/or your phone or could result in information being intercepted by a third party. Flushing Bank will not be responsible or liable for any damages which may result from such viruses, including but not limited to indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages. Flushing Bank will also not be responsible if any non‐public personal information is accessed via Mobile Banking due to any viruses residing or being contracted by your mobile device at any time or from any source.
Flushing Bank is not responsible for errors or delays or your inability to access the Service caused by your mobile device. We are not responsible for the cost of upgrading the mobile device to remain current with the Service. We are not responsible for any damage to the mobile device or the data within.
We make no representation that any content or use of Mobile Banking is available in locations outside the United States. Accessing Mobile Banking from locations outside the United States is at your own risk.
You agree to take every precaution to ensure the safety, security and integrity of your Account(s) and transactions when using Mobile Banking. You agree not to leave your mobile device unattended while logged into Mobile Banking and to log off immediately at the completion of each access by you. You agree not to provide your username, password or other access information to any unauthorized person. If you allow access to Mobile Banking to an unauthorized user, you will be responsible for any transaction they authorize and we will not be liable for any damages as a result. You agree not to use any personally identifiable information when creating shortcuts to your Account(s).
YOU are responsible for keeping any personal information in your mobile device secure. For your protection, you agree to contact Flushing Bank at 800.581.2889 if your mobile device is lost or stolen.
Flushing Bank reserves the right to modify or terminate Mobile Banking, in whole or in part at any time with or without cause and without prior written notice as allowed by law. We also reserve the right to suspend the Service either temporarily or permanently in situations deemed appropriate in our sole and absolute discretion. Termination of the Service does not affect your obligations under this Agreement in respect to occurrences before termination.
MOBILE CHECK DEPOSIT USER AGREEMENT
This Mobile Check Deposit User Agreement ("Agreement") contains the terms and conditions for the use of Flushing Bank Mobile Check Deposit service that Flushing Bank ("Flushing Bank", "us," or "we") may provide to you ("you," or "User"). Other agreements you have entered into with Flushing Bank, including the Account Terms and Conditions and Online Banking Agreement, as applicable to your Flushing Bank account(s), are incorporated by reference and made a part of this Agreement.
- Service. The consumer or business remote deposit capture service ("Service") is designed to allow you to make deposits to your checking, savings, or money market savings accounts from home or other remote locations by scanning checks and delivering the images and associated deposit information to Flushing Bank or Flushing Bank’s designated processor.
- Acceptance of these Terms. Your use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement. This Agreement is subject to change from time to time. We will notify you of any material change via e-mail, text message, or on our website(s) by providing a link to the revised Agreement or by an online secure message. Further, Flushing Bank reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions from the Service. Your continued use of the Service will indicate your acceptance of any such changes to the Service.
- Limitations of Service. When using the Service, you may experience technical or other difficulties. We will attempt to post alerts on our website or send you a text message to notify you of these interruptions in Service. We cannot assume responsibility for any technical or other difficulties or any resulting damages that you may incur. The Service has qualification requirements, and we reserve the right to change the qualifications at any time without prior notice. We reserve the right to change, suspend or discontinue the Service, in whole or in part, or your use of the Service, in whole or in part, immediately and at any time without prior notice to you.
- Hardware and Software. In order to use the Service, you must obtain and maintain, at your expense, compatible hardware and software as specified by Flushing Bank from time to time. See Flushing Bank.com for current hardware and software specifications. Flushing Bank is not responsible for any third party software you may need to use the Service. Any such software is accepted by you as is and is subject to the terms and conditions of the software agreement you enter into directly with the third party software provider at time of download and installation.
- Fees. A fee may be charged for the Service. You are responsible for paying the fees for the use of the Service. Any fee that is charged will be disclosed prior to your deposit. Flushing Bank may change the fees for use of the Service at any time pursuant to the section titled "Acceptance of these Terms" above. You authorize Flushing Bank to deduct any such fees from any Flushing Bank account in your name. Fees will not be charged during any free trial period or other promotional campaigns.
- Eligible items. You agree to scan and deposit only "checks" as that term is defined in Federal Reserve Regulation CC ("Reg. CC"). When the image of the check transmitted to Flushing Bank is converted to an Image Replacement Document for subsequent presentment and collection, it shall thereafter be deemed an "item" within the meaning of Articles 3 and 4 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
You agree that you will not scan and deposit any of the following types of checks or other items which shall be considered ineligible items:
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than the person or entity that owns the account that the check is being deposited into.
- Checks containing an alteration on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect, are fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn .
- Checks payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees.
- Checks previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States.
- Checks that are remotely created checks, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks not payable in United States currency.
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks or items prohibited by Flushing Bank’s current procedures relating to the Service or which are otherwise not acceptable under the terms of your Flushing Bank account.
- Checks payable on sight or payable through Drafts, as defined in Reg. CC.
- Checks with any endorsement on the back other than that specified in this agreement.
- Checks that have previously been submitted through the Service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution.
- Checks or items that are drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- Endorsements and Procedures. You agree to sign and restrictively endorse any item transmitted through the Service as "For mobile deposit only at Flushing Bank" and your account number or as otherwise instructed by Flushing Bank. You agree to follow any and all other procedures and instructions for use of the Service as Flushing Bank may establish from time to time.
- Receipt of Items. We reserve the right to reject any item transmitted through the Service, at our discretion, without liability to you. We are not responsible for items we do not receive or for images that are dropped during transmission. An image of an item shall be deemed received when you receive a confirmation from Flushing Bank that we have received the image. Receipt of such confirmation does not mean that the transmission was error free, complete or will be considered a deposit and credited to your account. We further reserve the right to charge back to your account at any time; any item that we subsequently determine was not an eligible item. You agree that the Bank is not liable for any loss, costs, or fees you may incur as a result of our chargeback of an ineligible item.
- Availability of Funds. In general, if an image of an item you transmit through the Service is received and accepted before 7:00 p.m. Eastern Time on a business day that we are open, we consider that day to be the day of your deposit. Otherwise, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. Funds deposited using the Service will generally be made available within two business days from the day of deposit including on-us checks drawn on Flushing Bank. Flushing Bank may make such funds available sooner based on such factors as credit worthiness, the length and extent of your relationship with us, transaction and experience information, and such other factors as Flushing Bank, in its sole discretion, deems relevant.
- Disposal of Transmitted Items. Upon your receipt of a confirmation from Flushing Bank that we have received an image that you have transmitted, you agree to retain the check for at least 14 calendar days from the date of the image transmission. Checks must be secured during this timeframe until they are destroyed. After 14 days, you agree to destroy the check that you transmitted as an image, mark it "VOID", or otherwise render it incapable of further transmission, deposit, or presentment. During the time the retained check is available, you agree to promptly provide it to Flushing Bank upon request.
- Deposit Limits. We may establish limits on the dollar amount and/or number of items or deposits from time to time. If you attempt to initiate a deposit in excess of these limits, we may reject your deposit. If we permit you to make a deposit in excess of these limits, such deposit will still be subject to the terms of this Agreement, and we will not be obligated to allow such a deposit at other times.
- Consumer Deposit Account Limits – The current daily dollar limit is $2,500.00 per business day and the current monthly dollar limit is $25,000.00 per any 22 consecutive business day period. For accounts with a balance of $50,000 or greater, the current daily dollar limit is $10,000.00 per business day and the current monthly dollar limit is $75,000.00 per any 22 consecutive business day period. For Complete Checking Premier and Complete Premier Money Market account holders, the current daily dollar limit is $10,000.00 per business day and the current monthly dollar limit is $75,000.00 per any 22 consecutive business day period. For all consumer deposit accounts, there is no daily or monthly statement cycle limit on the number of items, as long as the respective dollar limits are not exceeded.
- Business Deposit Account Limits – For all new business account holders that have a relationship with Flushing Bank less than six (6) months, the current daily dollar limit is $10,000.00 per business day and the current monthly dollar limit is $100,000.00 per any 22 consecutive business day period. For business account holders that have a relationship with Flushing Bank of six (6) or more months, the current daily and monthly limits are based on account balances as follows:
- For balances of $100,000 - $199,999, the current daily dollar limit is $50,000 and the current monthly dollar limit is $200,000
- For balances of $200,000 - $299,999, the current daily dollar limit is $75,000 and the current monthly dollar limit is $300,000
- For balances of $300,000 - $399,999, the current daily dollar limit is $100,000 and the current monthly dollar limit is $300,000
- For balances of $400,000+, the current daily dollar limit is $100,000 and the current monthly dollar limit is $500,000
- Presentment. The manner in which the items are cleared, presented for payment, and collected shall be in Flushing Bank’s sole discretion subject to the Terms and Conditions governing your account.
- Errors. You agree to notify Flushing Bank of any suspected errors regarding items deposited through the Service right away, and in no event later than 30 days after the applicable Flushing Bank account statement is sent. Unless you notify Flushing Bank within 30 days, such statement regarding all deposits made through the Service shall be deemed correct, and you are prohibited from bringing a claim against Flushing Bank for any such alleged error.
- Errors in Transmission. By using the Service you accept the risk that an item may be intercepted or misdirected during transmission. Flushing Bank bears no liability to you or others for any such intercepted or misdirected items or information disclosed through such errors.
- Image Quality. The image of an item transmitted to Flushing Bank using the Service must be legible, as determined in the sole discretion of Flushing Bank. Without limiting the foregoing, the image quality of the items must comply with the requirements established from time to time by Flushing Bank, ANSI, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board, or any other regulatory agency, clearinghouse or association.
- User Warranties and Indemnification. You warrant to Flushing Bank that:
- You will only transmit eligible items.
- You will not transmit duplicate items.
- You will not re-deposit or re-present the original item.
- All information you provide to Flushing Bank is accurate and true.
- You will comply with this Agreement and all applicable rules, laws and regulations.
- You are not aware of any factor which may impair the collectability of the item.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Flushing Bank from any loss for breach of this warranty provision.
- Cooperation with Investigations. You agree to cooperate with us in the investigation of unusual transactions, poor quality transmissions, and resolution of customer claims, including by providing, upon request and without further cost, any originals or copies of items deposited through the Service in your possession and your records relating to such items and transmissions.
- Termination. We may terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect unless and until it is terminated by us. Without limiting the foregoing, this Agreement may be terminated if you breach any term of this Agreement, if you use the Service for any unauthorized or illegal purposes or you use the Service in a manner inconsistent with the Terms and Conditions of your Account, Online Banking Agreement or any other agreement with us.
- Enforceability. We may waive enforcement of any provision of this Agreement. No waiver of a breach of this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any prior or subsequent breach of the Agreement. Any such waiver shall not affect our rights with respect to any other transaction or to modify the terms of this Agreement. In the event that any provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of the Agreement shall not be impaired or otherwise affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Agreement is governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
- Ownership & License. You agree that Flushing Bank retains all ownership and proprietary rights in the Service, associated content, technology, and website(s). Your use of the Service is subject to and conditioned upon your complete compliance with this Agreement. Without limiting the effect of the foregoing, any breach of this Agreement immediately terminates your right to use the Service. Without limiting the restriction of the foregoing, you may not use the Service (i) in any anti-competitive manner, (ii) for any purpose which would be contrary to Flushing Bank’s business interest, or (iii) to Flushing Bank’s actual or potential economic disadvantage in any aspect. You may use the Service only for non-business, personal use in accordance with this Agreement. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute or create derivative works from the content and agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the technology used to provide the Service.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOU AGREE YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT (INCLUDING THAT OF THIRD PARTIES) IS AT YOUR RISK AND IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE USE OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, AND (iv) ANY ERRORS IN THE SERVICE OR TECHNOLOGY WILL BE CORRECTED.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER LOSSES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE TERMINATION OF THE USE OF THIS SERVICE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR CLAIM (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF Flushing Bank HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.
Zelle Network® Standard Terms
Description of Services
- We have partnered with the Zelle Network (“Zelle”) to enable a convenient way to transfer money between you and others who are enrolled directly with Zelle® or enrolled with another financial institution that partners with Zelle (each, a “User”) using aliases, such as email addresses or mobile phone numbers (the “Service”). We will refer to financial institutions that have partnered with Zelle as “Network Banks.”
- Zelle provides no deposit account or other financial services. Zelle neither transfers nor moves money. You may not establish a financial account with Zelle of any kind. All money will be transmitted by a Network Bank.
- THE SERVICE IS INTENDED TO SEND MONEY TO FRIENDS, FAMILY AND OTHERS YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICE TO SEND MONEY TO RECIPIENTS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST.
Eligibility and User Profile
When you enroll to use the Service or when you permit others to whom you have delegated to act on your behalf to use or access the Service, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You represent that you have the authority to authorize debits and credits to the enrolled bank account.
You agree that you will not use the Service to send money to anyone to whom you are obligated for tax payments, payments made pursuant to court orders (including court-ordered amounts for alimony or child support), fines, payments to loan sharks, gambling debts or payments otherwise prohibited by law, and you agree that you will not use the Service to request money from anyone for any such payments.
The Service is intended for personal, not business or commercial use. You agree that you will not use the Service to send or receive payments in connection with your business or commercial enterprise. We reserve the right to decline your enrollment if we believe that you are enrolling to use the Service with your business account or to receive business or commercial payments. We further reserve the right to suspend or terminate your use of the Service if we believe that you are using the Service for business or commercial purposes, or for any unlawful purpose.
Consent to Share Personal Information (Including Account Information)
Privacy and Information Security
Wireless Operator Data
Enrolling for the Service
- You must provide us with an email address that you regularly use and intend to use regularly (i.e., no disposable email addresses) and a permanent U.S. mobile phone number that you intend to use for an extended period of time (i.e., no “burner” numbers). You may not enroll in the Service with a landline phone number, Google Voice number, or Voice over Internet Protocol.
- Once enrolled, you may:
i. authorize a debit of your account to send money to another User either at your initiation or at the request of that User; and
ii. receive money from another User either at that User’s initiation or at your request, subject to the conditions of the Section below titled “Requesting Money.”
- If at any time while you are enrolled, you do not send or receive money using the Service for a period of 18 consecutive months, we may contact you and/or take other steps to confirm that the U.S. mobile phone number or email address that you enrolled still belongs to you. If we are unable to confirm that you are the owner of the mobile phone number or email address, then you understand that we may cancel your enrollment and you will not be able to send or receive money with the Service until you enroll again.
Consent to Emails and Automated Text Messages
By participating as a User, you represent that you are the owner of the email address, mobile phone number, and/or other alias you enrolled, or that you have the delegated legal authority to act on behalf of the owner of such email address, mobile phone number and/or other alias to send or receive money as described in this Agreement. You consent to the receipt of emails or text messages from us, from Zelle, from other Users that are sending you money or requesting money from you, and from other Network Banks or their agents regarding the Services or related transfers between Network Banks and you. You agree that we may, Zelle may or either of our agents may use automatic telephone dialing systems in connection with text messages sent to any mobile phone number you enroll. You further acknowledge and agree:
- You are responsible for any fees or other charges that your wireless carrier may charge for any related data, text or other message services, including without limitation for short message service. Please check your mobile service agreement for details or applicable fees.
- You will immediately notify us if any email address or mobile phone number you have enrolled is (i) surrendered by you, or (ii) changed by you.
- In the case of any messages that you may send through either us or Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf to an email address or mobile phone number, you represent that you have obtained the consent of the recipient of such emails or automated text messages to send such emails or text messages to the recipient. You understand and agree that any emails or text messages that we send or that Zelle sends on your behalf may include your name.
- Your wireless carrier is not liable for any delay or failure to deliver any message sent to or from us or Zelle, including messages that you may send through us or through Zelle or that we may send or Zelle may send on your behalf.
- To cancel text messaging from us, send STOP to 20736. For help or information regarding text messaging, send HELP to 20736 or contact our Solutions Center at 800.581.2889. You expressly consent to receipt of a text message to confirm your “STOP” request.
- Most major U.S. carriers are supported for the Service.
Receiving Money; Money Transfers by Network Banks
Once a User initiates a transfer of money to your email address or mobile phone number enrolled with the Service, you have no ability to stop the transfer. By using the Service, you agree and authorize us to initiate credit entries to the bank account you have enrolled.
Most transfers of money to you from other Users will occur within minutes. There may be other circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Banks, we may need or Zelle may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person sending the money. We may also delay or block the transfer to prevent fraud or to meet our regulatory obligations. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated through a request for money, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification).
If you are receiving a payment from a business or government agency, your payment will be delivered in accordance with both this Agreement and the procedures of the business or government agency that is sending you the payment.
Sending Money; Debits by Network Banks
You may send money to another User at your initiation or in response to that User’s request for money. You understand that use of this Service by you shall at all times be subject to (i) this Agreement, and (ii) your express authorization at the time of the transaction for us to initiate a debit entry to your bank account. You understand that when you send the payment, you will have no ability to stop it. You may only cancel a payment if the person to whom you sent the money has not yet enrolled in the Service. If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle, either in the Zelle mobile app or with a Network Bank, the money is sent directly to their bank account (except as otherwise provided below) and may not be canceled or revoked.
In most cases, when you are sending money to another User, the transfer will occur in minutes; however, there are circumstances when the payment may take longer. For example, in order to protect you, us, Zelle and the other Network Banks, we may need additional time to verify your identity or the identity of the person receiving the money. If you are sending money to someone who has not enrolled as a User with Zelle, either in the Zelle mobile app or with a Network Bank, they will receive a text or email notification instructing them on how to enroll to receive the money. You understand and acknowledge that a person to whom you are sending money and who is not enrolling as a User may fail to enroll with Zelle, or otherwise ignore the payment notification, and the transfer may not occur.
The money may also be delayed or the transfer may be blocked to prevent fraud or comply with regulatory requirements. If we delay or block a payment that you have initiated, we will notify you in accordance with your User preferences (i.e. email, push notification).
We have no control over the actions of other Users, other Network Banks or other financial institutions that could delay or prevent your money from being delivered to the intended User.
Neither we nor Zelle shall have liability to you for any transfers of money, including without limitation, (i) any failure, through no fault of us or Zelle to complete a transaction in the correct amount, or (ii) any related losses or damages. Neither we nor Zelle shall be liable for any typos or keystroke errors that you may make when using the Service.
THE SERVICE IS INTENDED FOR SENDING MONEY TO FAMILY, FRIENDS AND OTHERS WHOM YOU TRUST. YOU SHOULD NOT USE ZELLE TO SEND MONEY TO PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR OR YOU DO NOT TRUST. ZELLE DOES NOT OFFER A PROTECTION PROGRAM FOR AUTHORIZED PAYMENTS MADE THROUGH THE SERVICE (FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU PAID FOR, OR THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT YOU RECEIVED ARE DAMAGED OR ARE OTHERWISE NOT WHAT YOU EXPECTED).
There are limits on the amount of money you can send or receive through the Service. Your limits may be adjusted from time-to-time in our sole discretion. View information about individual Send Limits.
You may request money from another User. You understand and acknowledge that Users to whom you send payment requests may reject or ignore your request. Neither we nor Zelle guarantee that you will receive money from other Users by sending a payment request, or that you will receive the amount that you request. Neither we nor Zelle accept responsibility if the other User rejects or ignores your request, or sends you an amount that is less than you request. If a User ignores your request, we may decide or Zelle may decide, in our sole discretion, that we will not send a reminder or repeat request to that User.
By accepting this Agreement, you agree that you are not engaging in the business of debt collection by attempting to use the Service to request money for the payment or collection of an overdue or delinquent debt; to request money that is owed to another person; or to collect any amounts that are owed pursuant to a court order. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle, its owners, directors, officers agents and Network Banks from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from or arising out of any request for money that you send that is related to overdue or delinquent amounts.
You agree to receive money requests from other Users, and to only send requests for legitimate and lawful purposes. Requests for money are solely between the sender and recipient and are not reviewed or verified by us or by Zelle. Neither we nor Zelle assume responsibility for the accuracy or legality of such requests and do not act as a debt collector on your behalf or on behalf of the sender of a request for money.
We reserve the right, but assume no obligation, to terminate your ability to send requests for money in general, or to specific recipients, if we deem such requests to be potentially unlawful, abusive, offensive or unwelcome by the recipient.
Provisions for Transaction errors are set forth under Section 22 of the Online Banking Agreement.
Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers
Immediately following your discovery of an unauthorized transfer, you shall communicate with customer care for the Service by calling 800.5581.2889. You acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in such situations. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover your password or other means to access your account through which you access the Service has been lost or stolen, your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of such loss or theft, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use of your password or other means to access your account if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500.00. If your monthly financial institution statement contains payments that you did not authorize, you must tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may in our sole discretion extend the period.
Liability for Failure to Complete Transfers
Except as otherwise provided herein, or in our Terms and Conditions and Online Banking Agreement, neither we nor Zelle shall have liability to you for any transfers of money under the Service, including, without limitation (i) any failure, through no fault of our own or Zelle to complete a transaction in the correct amount, or (ii) any related losses or damages. Neither we nor Zelle shall be liable for any typos or keystroke errors that you may make when using the Service.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU, NOT WE OR ZELLE, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR RESOLVING ANY PAYMENT OR OTHER DISPUTES THAT YOU MAY HAVE WITH ANY OTHER USER WITH WHOM YOU SEND MONEY TO, OR RECEIVE OR REQUEST MONEY FROM, USING THE SERVICE.
There is no fee to use the Service. We may change the fees that apply to the Service and will give you reasonable notice of such change as required by law.
If we process a transaction in accordance with your instructions that overdraws your Account with us, we may assess a fee or charge interest for any such overdraft in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Online Banking Agreement. We will not be liable for failure to pay any transfer request unless it is drawn against available funds in the designated Account.
Use of Our On-line Banking Site and/or Mobile App
You agree to access this website and/or mobile app in compliance with our Terms and Conditions and Online Banking Agreement, which are available at https://www.flushingbank.com and incorporated into and made part of this Agreement by this reference.
Service Termination, Cancellation, or Suspension
You may cancel the service by contacting our Solutions Center at 800.581.2889. You agree that we may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time and for any reason or no reason. Neither termination, cancellation nor suspension shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
Disclaimer of Warranties
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN, AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, ZELLE MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE. ZELLE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE SERVICE DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED. ZELLE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE PROVIDED HEREIN AND SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ZELLE, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AGENTS OR NETWORK BANKS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF (I) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE SERVICE; (II) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED; (III) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; OR (IV) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES DESCRIBED OR PROVIDED, EVEN IF ZELLE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ZELLE’S SERVICE OR WITH THE TERMS OF THIS Agreement, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SERVICE.
IN THOSE STATES WHERE THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES MAY NOT APPLY, ANY LIABILITY OF ZELLE, ITS OWNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND AGENTS OR THE NETWORK BANKS LIABILITY IN THOSE STATES IS LIMITED AND WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BUT SHALL, IN NO EVENT, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00).
You acknowledge and agree that you are personally responsible for your conduct while using the Service, and except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Zelle, its owners, directors, officers, agents and Network Banks from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, errors, or inability to use the Service, or any violation by you of the terms of this Agreement. [Participant must include the substance of Sections 19-21 to afford Zelle the protections provided in this document. Participants may determine the form and manner in which such protections are included/ presented.]
Governing Law; Choice of Law; Severability
This Agreement is governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York.
Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Services are generally available 24 hours a day, seven days a week with the exception of outages for maintenance and circumstances beyond our or Zelle’s control. Live customer service generally will be available Monday through Friday, excluding US bank holidays.
Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
Apple® is a trademark of Apple, Inc. Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc