At Flushing Bank, your online security is one of our top priorities. Online banking accounts are increasingly targeted by criminals and the cyber-attacks more sophisticated. Your anti-virus software and firewalls might not be doing enough to protect you. To further protect you online, we strongly recommend that our Online Banking customers download the free IBM® Security Trusteer Rapport software.
What is IBM Security Trusteer Rapport?
IBM Security Trusteer Rapport is lightweight security software that protects your online banking communication from being stolen by criminals. It acts as an additional layer of security to any anti-virus, firewall, or security software you already use by protecting your Internet connection and creating a tunnel for safe communication with Flushing Bank’s online banking website.
Trusteer Rapport - Dedicated Online Banking Security
- Trusteer Rapport locks down the browser to prevent malicious browser tampering designed to fool victims into surrendering personal information or approving fraudulent transactions.
- Trusteer Rapport disables key logging and screen capturing attempts of sensitive application pages such as the login and money transfer pages.
- Once installed, Trusteer Rapport removes/blocks existing financial malware from end-user machines and prevents future infections.
- Trusteer Rapport prevents credential and payment card data theft by blocking access to suspected phishing (i.e. fake) online banking sites.
Different from Anti-Virus & Firewalls
Anti-virus solutions take days, sometime even weeks, to detect new financial malware variants and remove them. However, fraud occurs hours after a new malware variant is released. So when your anti-virus provider eventually cleans your computer of the malware, it is already too late to prevent fraud from occurring. Trusteer Rapport protects your computer and mitigates financial malware infections. It also communicates with Flushing Bank and allows us to take immediate action against changes in threat.
Easy to Use
Downloadable in seconds, Trusteer Rapport is desktop software that works in the background and doesn’t call for a change in user behavior – you can bank and use the Internet as usual.
- Acts as an additional security layer to any anti-virus, firewall, or security software in use
- Protects your identity and account against fraud
- Runs in the background so it won’t slow down your computer
- Takes minutes to download and install
- Provided at no cost by Flushing Bank to our Online Banking customers
Trusteer Rapport FAQs
By clicking “Download Trusteer Rapport,” you will be directed to a third-party website hosted by IBM; a third party that is not affiliated with Flushing Bank. While this software is a valuable addition to your fraud prevention strategy, Flushing Bank will not be responsible for the content or effectiveness of the services associated with IBM Security Trusteer Rapport’s software.
For more information, visit Trusteer.